Friday, March 5, 2010

Oooh Lemon Loaf!

I really, really love Starbucks Lemon Loaf, really.
I have tried to recreate it, more times than you can
shake a stick at!
My family is soo sick of lemons.
Well, I found this really awesome lemon cake recipe
It is truly yummy, lemony heaven, or at least I
think so.

Lemon Cake Recipe

2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
2 1/2 cups sugar divided
4 large eggs
1/3 cup grated lemon zest (6-8 lemons)
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
3/4 cup lemon juice (fresh) divided
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla

Glaze

2 cups confectioners sugar
3 1/2 tbs lemon juice (fresh)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. Cream butter and 2 cups
of sugar for 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, and then the lemon zest.
In a bowl stir together, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In another bowl, mix together 1/4 cup lemon juice, buttermilk, and vanilla.
Add flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately to butter and sugar mixture.
Begin and end with flour mixture. Divide batter evenly between pans. Smooth
out the tops and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup lemon juice in a small saucepan.
Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves. When cake is done allow to
cool 10 minutes. Remove to rack and pour sauce over loaves.

For glaze, combine confectioners sugar and lemon juice and pour over
tops of cakes, and allow to run down the sides. Oooh Yummy!
I hope you enjoy, I know I did!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...