Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Baby Shower Cake and Cupcakes

Have I told you how much I LOVE gum paste?....If so, I am gonna tell ya again anyway. I love, love, love it! You can design and make pretty much make anything. It has been the turning point for me in decorating cakes and cupcakes. I was really kind of struggling to find my own style. You know, that thing that sets you apart from everyone else. When someone sees one of your creations and says " Yep, that's a Missy Craig cake!" I can't find enough time in the day to work with it. I already love it for flowers, (you can create a flower that looks as if you just picked it out of your flower garden.) Characters, details on cakes, I even use it exclusively for the lettering on my cakes. The picture above is a cake and cupcakes that I did for a baby shower for a friend. She ask me to match a cake to the napkin. This is what I came up with. The monkey and the presents are all gum paste. The cake is a white vanilla cake with butter cream frosting, covered in chocolate fondant, with fondant circles, and fondant border. Thanks for looking! I am off to mess with some more gum paste! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...